Monday, June 27, 2011

The Library Under Construction, Rasuwa District, Nepal

Sorry, I can't really tell you what's going on or in what order this is happening.  But I can see...
The community working together!

 JR, thank you for the photos.  It looks like a fantastic start.  We will all say prayers for good weather.

I had better get busy and collect more money for the books. 
I wish that I could be there!

Thanks again for all of the contributions and support.  It's kind of amazing what we can accomplish together.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Update on the Library Project

I was so surprised a few weeks ago to receive a phone call from Nepal.  The English teacher at Shree Nava Vijayee Mahendra Secondary School called to personally thank me.  The Joy Foundation had informed them that enough funds were sent to cover the cost of building the library.  The school administrators would be arranging a trip to Kathmandu to discuss the details.

Yesterday, I received this note from the Joy Foundation:

7th June, 2011
Ms. Jennifer Gerard
A World of Good, Inc.
OH 44120, USA

Subject: School Library Project.

Dear Madam,

We are pleased to inform you that, today we have signed an agreement with Shree Nava Vijayee Mahendra Secondary School, Laharepauwa – 6, Rasuwa to make a library room in the school. The school has submitted a detailed cost report of Rs. 1,50,500.00 to complete the library room including cost of furniture for library room. However, we have given them 70 % of the above cost as 1st installment of Rs. 1,05,000.00 to start the construction work and remaining 30 % will be paid to them once they spent and submit all the documents to JOY. Also be informed that one of the JOY staff will visit the school in few days time to inspect the work progress in school, so that school may feel responsible and complete the work on time. I hope this information will be  fruitful for you.

With best regards,
Pradip Man Shrestha
Admin. & Finance Executive

I just want to thank you all again for supporting the project and cheering me on. As soon as I have pictures I will certainly share them with you.

Any further contributions made by friends and family to this project will go toward the purchase of books.  Contributions can be made to:
The Joy Foundation
Plymouth UCC (for church members, please note for use on the library project, Nepal)
We are still hoping that Room to Read will be able to provide the books.  But I don't know much about the details yet.